Monday, May 23

Tattoos. 21. Prom. {Don't Blink}

{one} 1


A Tattoo or two..

Yep.  I did it.  I finally did it.  I've been wanting these tattoos for years.  The one on my foot is:  Joshua 1:9.  This verse was my key verse when I went to Ethiopia to pick up our Daughter, Justice.  She and I were in Ethiopia for 6 weeks. This tattoo reminds me that my God has always been and will always be with me wherever I go.  AND that I am to be BOLD and COURAGEOUS and NOT DISCOURAGED as I move through my life.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

The tattoo on my wrist says: LIVE IN THE MOMENT {in Hebrew}  This Tattoo will serve as a reminder everyday- all day to be present.  To live in the present moment fully. Not to miss the moment. Each moment. I need reminding not to get too far ahead or stuck in the things of the past.  I've only had it for two days and it's working already!  I love it!


Two {2}


Big 21 {and his sweet girl}

Our Son Kyle celebrated his BIG 21 this weekend.  And I'm not going to lie..I'm feeling it just a tad.  I mean..REALLY!?  How did this happen?  It's crazy-INSANE how fast the years go by.  Makes me even my resolute in my quest to LIVE IN THE MOMENT...because {this is for all you Mommy's of little one's out there....} all the moments, as they string together soon will add up to 21 years and counting in a blink of an eye. DON'T "BLINK".

Three {3}


Jr. Prom-2011

Less than 17 years ago- this "little" girl wasn't even walking.  Now...she is a beautiful, smart, compassionate {and very tall!} women.  I took this shot the day of her Jr. Prom {two weeks ago already.....}  Before we know it, we will be shopping for her Sr. Prom dress.  Another reason not to "blink"


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

7 comments:

  1. Great posts. I can't believe how much faster time goes by now that I'm older. Love the tattoos. (Visiting from lowercase letters.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring post!
    I love the tattoos and the meaning they have to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't deal with the idea of my kids being that old!!!!

    super sweet and very cute blog!

    xoxo-your new follower...
    Hannah @ A Lovely Mess

    Come see me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I agree ~ they grow soooooo fast ~ i have to share with you that I got a tattoo at age 50 and it is on my ankle ~ a very dainty and colorful butterfly ~ I love it ~ Now it is time to reinvent yourself ~ blogging will help ^_^ hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post (and pictures!) I am very attached to Joshua 1:9 because I saw it on a billboard as I was coming home from a doctor's appointment having learned I was miscarrying. I was devasted but those words kept me focused and at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah! I won't blink ever again! :) My babies are growing too fast as it is ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool tattoos & great reminders! i have a 1 year old. it's gone so fast i can hardly imagine 21!

    ReplyDelete